itison is Scotland’s number one deals and events service, helping our over a million members across Scotland and the North of England discover great new places to go and things to do in their cities, from five-star hotels to brand-new restaurants and local favourites.
We’re also a Sunday Times Top 100 Company to Work For and our Glasgow HQ was dubbed Scotland’s coolest office in the press. Not that we like to brag.
We’re looking for a talented digital marketing executive to join our copy & content team, part of our growing marketing team. You’ll need to be an exceptionally skilled writer with brilliant creative ideas, and passionate about bringing a smile to our members’ faces.
We're the best, and we expect the best. We only hire super-talented, enthusiastic people who want to work at one of the country's most exciting and fastest-growing companies - if that sounds like you, read on.
What you’ll be doing
Every day, we speak to over a million people through our email, site and app, and it’ll be your job to entertain and inform our members with sparkling, accurate and interesting copy on our offers and brilliant content for our social channels.
We’re one of Scotland’s biggest brands on social media, with over 270,000 fans, and you’ll be tasked with bringing our offers and campaigns to life across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You’ll find consistently original and creative ways to show off the awesome places we work with, persuade new members to join our merry band of itisoners, and get everyone excited about our events and involved in our campaigns.
You must be brilliant at building great relationships with people and comfortable communicating in our brand style – you’ll be the voice of itison, so you’ll need to be a confident writer with great chat and a sense of humour.
What this job is
- Highly creative – whether it’s a Facebook campaign to promote a new service, filming a venue for one of our offers, or coming up with ideas for our Drive-In Movies events, you’ll need to bring creativity to everything you do.
- Challenging – we’re a fast-paced business and a team with a big and varied workload, so you’ll need to bring your A game every day to produce content that’s consistently fresh, interesting and exciting.
- Fun! – whether it’s coming up with eye-rolling puns on social media or finding new ways to get people buzzing about our offers and events, we inject a sense of fun in everything we do.
- A great future – this job is brilliant for someone who’s as ambitious (we’re growing fast) and passionate as we are, keen to develop themselves, and looking for a career, not just a job.
What this job isn’t
- A job for someone who fancies mucking around on the internet all day – you need to be enthusiastic, switched on and willing to work hard every day to bring the best of itison to our members.
- A phenomenal writer with a comprehensive grasp of the itison tone of voice, and the confidence to carry it off whether you’re writing an advert or bantering on social media.
- Creative – from offers on our site to our social media campaigns, Drive In Movies events to charity campaigns with Hollywood celebs that get global attention, we’re creative in our approach to everything we do so you’ll need ideas and enthusiasm in spades.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and a team player – lots of what we do is great fun, but it can take a lot of hard work to pull off, so you’ll need bags of enthusiasm, a positive attitude and a desire to work with the team to achieve great things.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have at least two years’ experience in creating great content at an agency or in-house for a brand.
- You know your way around social media and are comfortable with digital marketing tools and processes.
- You have camera and video production skills.
- You’re a storyteller with an eye for great visuals that get your point across.
Sound like you? Hit apply and show us what you’ve got.
As well as being a Sunday Times Top 100 company and our world-class Glasgow HQ being Scotland’s coolest office, joining the itison team comes with loads of great benefits:
- itison discount
- Private medical
- Duvet days and summer school (our equivalent of flexi-time)
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity benefits
- Extra half-day holiday for your birthday
- Opportunities for progression and the best tech to do your job
- Great colleagues and regular socials (recent outings include the Edinburgh Festival and West End Fiesta at the Kelvingrove Bandstand)
- State-of-the-art working environment in our incredible new HQ including lunchtime yoga & pilates classes, relaxation and stretching zones, cereal bar, soft-drink fridge and a never-ending fruit bowl
- Prosecco Friday – round off the week with a company-wide town hall and a glass of fizz (or a beer, or gin… you get the drift!)